Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Little More about the First Day

Erica here. I don't think Chris told you quite enough about the Bosnians, if in fact they were Bosnians like they said they were. Chris and I were sitting right across from each other when Chris gave the woman money. Instead of leaving, she in fact turned to face me completely, and expectedly. The gall of the gesture insulted me. It actually took a few "no's" to get her to go away. And when the son finally gave up on us later, he made sure to slam his hand on our table in frustration before he left, which annoyed me even more. I think we've had our fill of the eating outside experience. We may choose to eat inside the restaurants from now on. It's funny - we were talking about people begging for money just before we left for the airport in Houston. And then it happened to us on our first full day here. Huh.


Fun parts of the museum today: Ischtar Gate and the Temple of Zeus. Pretty awesome. I think I'd like to build a temple. I may build one after I've built my weaving loom. I took way too many pictures in one day. How many, you ask? 475 Yeah, I know. It's not even particularly scenic here - there are just a lot of really great things to see. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment